Prime Ski Racing 101: Train Your Mind for Ski Racing Success
The Mind is the Final Piece of the ‘Ski Your Fastest’ Puzzle
You spend a lot of time on your physical conditioning and technical development. How much time are you devoting to your mental training?
Get your mind in the best shape of your ski racing life!
This 6-class, self-paced course, the first in the four-part Prime Ski Racing series of online mental training courses for racers, will show you how to approach mental training the same way you approach your physical and on-snow training. Prime Ski Racing 101 offers useful information and practical strategies for incorporating mental training into your training and race preparations.
- Strengthen your mental muscles: motivation, confidence, intensity, focus, mindset.
- Create a mental toolbox: mental imagery, routines, breathing, emotions.
- Result: Ski your fastest in the biggest races of your life!
Prime Ski Training 202: Total Preparation for Maximum Performance
Training is the Foundation of Ski Racing Success
You spend a lot of time on your physical conditioning and technical development. The effort, focus, and intensity you put into your training determines how much and how quickly you improve.
Are you getting the most out of your off-snow and on-snow training efforts?
This 5-class, self-paced course, the second in the four-part Prime Ski Racing series of online mental training courses for racers, explores a wide range of mental approaches to help you get more out of their physical conditioning and on-snow training efforts. Given the emphasis on deliberate practice in athlete development, identifying the specific means for achieving high quality training is essential for you to maximize your training efforts and technical and tactical progress.
- Incorporate mental training into your physical conditioning.
- Get more out of your video sessions.
- Experiment and get out of your comfort zone.
- Use mental tools to raise the quality of your training.
- Cope effectively with adversity and frustration.
- Acquire the skill of going fast.
- Train like you race so you can race like you train.
- Result: Optimally trained racers who are maximally ready for for competitive success.
Prime Ski Mind 303: Developing Championship Attitudes
This 6-week course, the third in the four-part Prime Ski Racing series on online mental training courses for racers, describes important attitudes that must be developed that set racers up for success. Five attitudes act as the foundation for enabling racers to be fully confident and committed when they get into the starting gate: ownership, process, challenge, long-term perspective, and risk. Additionally, five obstacles must be removed to free athletes from fear, doubt, and worry: overinvestment, perfectionism, fear of failure, expectations, and negativity. This course will provide insights into the attitudes that support and those that interfere with success and show how to develop the healthy attitudes and remove the obstacles.
Coming in 2018…
Prime Ski Tips 606: Secrets of Success from the World Cup
This 6-week, on-demand course, the last in the four-part Prime Ski Racing series of mental training courses for racers, will describe tips that I learned from some of the best ski racers in the world. These “nuggets of wisdom” are the little details that can make the difference between failure, mediocrity, and achieving your ski racing goals. Having already developed mastery in your conditioning and the technical and tactical aspects of skiing, it is these small, yet powerful, mental tools that can enable you to ski your fastest consistently.
Coming in 2019…
Prime Ski Coaching 404: Psychology of Developing Champion Ski Racers
Train Your Racers’ Minds the Same Way You Train Their Bodies
You spend a lot of time training your racers physically, technically, and tactically. How much time do you devote to training their minds?
Train your racers to ski their fastest consistently!
This 4-class course will provide you with a foundation of knowledge about the impact of the mind on training ski racers. You’ll learn practical ways to incorporate mental training directly into your daily and weekly training plans and to ensure that your racers are mentally prepared to ski their fastest on race day.
- Develop a team culture based on healthy values, attitudes, and goals.
- Build a positive and cohesive staff culture.
- Create a vocabulary to weave mental training into the fabric of your overall training regimen.
- Implement a ‘gym routine’ that ensures maximum effort and begins to strengthen racers’ mental ‘muscles.’
- Make mental imagery an essential part of your weekly off-snow training program.
- Show racers how to use mental tools, such as imagery, routines, and focusing, in their on-snow training.
- Result: Better coaching means better trained and prepared racers.
Prime Sport Parenting 505: Raising Successful and Happy Athletes
You are an Essential Piece of Your Children’s ‘Success and Happiness’ Puzzle
This 4-class course offers sport parents the insights, information, and tools they need to be conscious, positive, and active forces in their young athletes’ lives. Prime Sport Parenting 505 gives you a deep and broad understanding of what it takes to be the best sport parent so you can help your children become successful and happy athletes and people.
- Three pillars of healthy development
- Five attitudes for athletic success
- How to send the right messages to your children
- Dos and don’ts for sport parents
- Result: Raise successful and happy athletes and young people